This recipe for Chicken Parmesan is a classic Italian dish that is sure to impress. The chicken breasts are first coated in flour, then beaten eggs, and finally a mixture of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, dried basil, garlic powder, and seasonings, creating a crispy and flavorful crust. The chicken is then baked with marinara sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese, creating a delicious and satisfying meal. Perfect for a weeknight dinner or special occasion, this dish is sure to be a hit with the whole family. Serve with a side of pasta or a green salad to complete the meal.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups breadcrumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup marinara sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish and set aside.
Place the flour, beaten eggs, and breadcrumbs in separate shallow dishes.
In the breadcrumbs, mix in the Parmesan cheese, dried basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Dip each chicken breast into the flour, then the eggs, and finally the breadcrumb mixture, pressing the breadcrumbs onto the chicken to adhere.
Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish.
Pour the marinara sauce over the chicken and top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 450kcal
- % Daily Value *
- Protein 30g60%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast.
- You can use store-bought marinara sauce or make your own homemade marinara sauce.
- If you prefer a more crispy texture for chicken, you can bread the chicken twice before baking.
- You can use different types of cheese instead of mozzarella, such as provolone or parmesan cheese.
- You can serve this dish with pasta, rice, or a side salad.
- This dish can be easily frozen. To freeze, cool the dish completely, then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. When ready to eat, thaw the dish in the refrigerator overnight and then bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
- If you are serving this dish to someone with gluten intolerance or celiac disease, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs and flour.
- If you are watching your calorie intake, you can use less cheese or use low-fat cheese to reduce the calorie count.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use other types of meat such as pork or beef.
Yes, you can bread the chicken the night before and keep it covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
Yes, you can make this recipe in advance and keep it covered in the refrigerator. Reheat it in the oven before serving.
Yes, this dish can be easily frozen. To freeze, cool the dish completely, then wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. When ready to eat, thaw the dish in the refrigerator overnight and then bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free breadcrumbs and flour.
Yes, you can make this recipe lower in calories by using less cheese or using low-fat cheese.